Shoulder pain is a common condition that can lead to significant discomfort in the shoulder area. It is usually caused by inflammation and irritation in the shoulder joint resulting from a variety of things, such as injury, repetitive use of the arm, or poor posture.
- Pain at the front of the shoulder
- Pain deep inside the shoulder
- Dull ache or a deep burning sensation when moving the arm up or down
- Pain in the shoulders when making arm movements
- Sensitivity in shoulder area
Common treatment options
- Home care: Resting shoulders allows the inflammation to go down. Ice packs and heat pads can also be used to reduce pain and inflammation and relax the muscles, respectively.
- Physical therapy: Helps with many shoulder-related problems, including rotator cuff tears, tennis or golfer’s elbow, and frozen shoulder. Therapists use various techniques to help relieve pain and improve function of the joint.
- Acupuncture: Stimulate shoulder joints and then manipulate them to release the pressure in your body and ease muscle tension from shoulders.
- Surgery: Prolonged, untreated shoulder pain is more likely to be treated through surgery.